Chris:

Seconding Susan's comment...

Although we only have a single UV server, we use a SANDBOX account for
testing new applications.  Thus an end-user or programmer would type at
the UV command prompt...

        > LOGTO SANDBOX
                and
        >LOGTO LIVE          to get back

Some program screens (like the main menu) identify SANDBOX so that
people are able to see where they are.

The UniBasic source code is in a single folder that can be seen by both
the LIVE and the SANDBOX accounts.  Without having to do anything extra,
LIVE and SANDBOX each have their own independent VOC accounts.  Invoking
a revision identifier in the program name such as

In the LIVE account
        > ED VOC NEW.PROGRAM
        >PA
        >RUN BP NEW.PROGRAM.R1

In the SANDBOX account
        > ED VOC NEW.PROGRAM
        >PA
        >RUN BP NEW.PROGRAM.R2

Data can be copied from LIVE to SANDBOX periodically.

The second server could perhaps be used as a live hot spare.

--Bill