Hi all,

With all the conversation on printing and related topics, let me mention
what's in the pipeline. Some of this was described and demonstrated at the
recent Spectrum conference, but most of you weren't there. So...

We will soon be going to beta with Print Wizard 4.0. This major release
has many new building blocks, and many more ways to connect those blocks
together. Let me mention one main focus area: eliminating the need for
multi-part preprinted forms. We've had some of this, but more is coming.

Imagine the classic case: you're currently printing invoices on 4-part
carbonless preprinted forms on a dot matrix printer. Once printed, maybe
you burst (decollate) them, maybe not.

With Print Wizard 4, you will be able to:

1) Feed in text (the main, variable data) in plain text, PCL-5, HTML, or
PWML (Print Wizard Markup Language).

2) Use as an overlay a 4-page PCL file, 4-page TIF file, 4-page PDF, or a
list of files, to serve as the form backgrounds.

3) Tell Print Wizard to use paper from 4 different input bins, each
containing a different color paper.

4) Create the output either collated or burst.

5) Preview the print job on the screen.

6) Shrink and place the form image to fit within the printable boundaries
of the printer being used, graphically.

7) Shrink and place the text on the form image, graphically.

8) Save the configuration into a job-specific profile file, for reuse
later.

9) Output to any Windows-supported printer.

10) Print in Chinese.

11) Set this all up easily.

As I said, that's just one of the focus areas, but it's a biggie.

If interested in assisting with the beta process, please email me
off-list.

Stay tuned...

Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: r...@anzio.com
 company e-mail: r...@anzio.com
            fax: (US) 503-624-0760
            web: http://www.anzio.com
 street address: Rasmussen Software, Inc.
                 10240 SW Nimbus, Suite L9
                 Portland, OR  97223  USA