From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Butera
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2010 2:04 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: [U2] @LOGNAME on Unidata

We recently migrated from Unidata 7.1.8 on Solaris to Unidata 7.2.5 on
RedHat.

We make use of @LOGNAME quite a bit to determine a person's username.
Since our migration, however, we've documented some cases where @LOGNAME
is not returning the proper username - it returns someone else's.
What's bizarre is that most of the time it's right, but occasionally
it's not.

Has anyone seen or heard of this?

When we had a report of this (with documentation) I thought it was
weird.  Today we just got a call about a different problem which I'm 99%
sure is tied to this since it makes use of @LOGNAME.  Like the above,
sometimes it's correct, sometime it's wrong.

--
Jeff Butera, Ph.D.
Manager of ERP Systems