Morning all

I am having a problem with installing the UV ODBC 10.3 client on a
Windows 2003 R2 SP2 64-bit server. The Rocket availability matrix shows
that this server version is supported by 10.3 client. I am trying to
install the ODBC drivers from the UniVerse Client 10.3 CD, which has
been copied onto the servers D drive, whilst logged on as a local
administrator.

The install completes without error and there are no related events in
the application or system logs. After a server reboot, the ODBC Admin
tool shows the default User DSN's UV/ODBC Sales Sample and UV/ODBC
Service Sample and these are configured with the IBM UniVerse ODBC
Driver. However when you try to configure them, you get pop up windows
with the error messages "The setup routines for the IBM UniVerse ODBC
Driver ODBC driver could not be found. Please reinstall the driver" and
"Driver's ConfigDSN, ConfigDriver, or ConfigTranslator failed Component
not found in the registry". Clicking on the Drivers Tab shows that only
some SQL ODBC drivers are installed. I have tried re-installing the
drivers to no effect.

I checked the registry and the drivers are all listed, including the
Microsoft drivers that should also be showing in the drivers tab of the
ODBC Admin tab. However when I check the System32 folder, the uvodbc.dll
driver is not there. I copied in the uvodbc.dll driver from another
installation but that made no difference. I suspect it needs registering
but I don't know how to do that outside of an install program.

I found an email on this list from 9 Jun 09 where John Wahl had a
problem with the UniAdmin tool on W2k8 server and Michael Dallaire noted
he had a similar problem with the UV ODBC drivers on a 64 bit system.
However, there wasn't a lot more detail. Can anyone elaborate?

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Andrew Mack
Senior Database Administrator (UV/SQL)
Systems Engineering Group
CIS Branch
New Zealand Defence Force

DTelN  342 5914
DDI (04) 2371914

The information contained in this Internet Email message is intended
for the addressee only and may contain privileged information, but not
necessarily the official views or opinions of the New Zealand Defence Force.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or
distribute this message or the information in it.

If you have received this message in error, please Email or telephone
the sender immediately.