Our users are accessing UniData through a VB-based GUI interface and it
appears that it is using a license per session.

Charles Shaffer
Senior Analyst
NTN-Bower Corporation

Bob Rasmussen <r...@anzio.com>
Sent by: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
10/21/2010 02:31 PM
Please respond to U2 Users List

        To:     U2 Users List <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
        cc:     u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
        Subject:        Re: [U2] Licensing

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010, charles_shaf...@ntn-bower.com wrote:

> I think there is some of that, but for the most part they are real. Some

> folks like to keep 4 or 5 sessions open at a time instead of moving
around
> between screens.

Note that (unless something changed recently) your licensing actually is
based on number of users, not sessions. If you have a terminal emulator
that can handle this, properly configured, one user on one machine with 5
open sessions will consume only one license.

Our Anzio emulators can do this.

Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: r...@anzio.com
 company e-mail: r...@anzio.com
            fax: (US) 503-624-0760
            web: http://www.anzio.com
 street address: Rasmussen Software, Inc.
                 10240 SW Nimbus, Suite L9
                 Portland, OR  97223  USA