Anyone have experience using RICOH multi-purpose copiers as printers?
We've just purchased a RICOH Aficio MP6001.  When someone copies something
or sends a job to it from Windows, they have to enter a user validation
code.  We started out by setting it up just like we do the HP printers on
our Windows server.  We don't use drivers, the printer is set up to use
TCP/IP RAW protocol and we simply send PCL commands to control the
printer.  We set the copier up the same way, but couldn't get a test page
to print.  When I talked to tech support, they said that we needed to
install a PCL driver.  They also said that to get around the validation
code, we should set the printer device as a black and white printer.  We
still cannot get a test page.  Any advice will be appreciated.

Pamela J Robbins

Sr Programmer Analyst

University of Pennsylvania

School of Veterinary Medicine