I would always try to use vt220 rather than vt100, also xterm works well
with things like putty which is an ssh client.

From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Caminiti, Marc
Sent: 17 December 2010 18:27
To: U2 Users List
Subject: [U2] Viewpoint Emulation

We currently run viewpoint emulation, but there have been some requests
to be able to connect to our system via an iPad.  I see that there is an
software package out there called iSSH that will allow the connection to
our system, but it does not have the viewpoint emulation.

If I connect to our system with a vt100 emulation, and issue a TERM
vt100 from TCL, our menu options work fine, but it seems like any
programs where we use the @(#,#) to position the cursor a $<5> appears
on the screen then the text.

This little program

CRT @(0,0):@(-1):"HELLO"

CRT @(5,5):"GOOD BYE"

Clears the screen, puts HELLO at the upper left, but then in position
5,5 it displays $<5>GOOD BYE

Is there a termcap definition that I need to change, or a TERM value I
need to change?

We run RHEL 5.3, UV 10.2.7

Thanks in Advance

marc

Marc Caminiti

IS Manager

Nashbar Direct, Inc

6103 State Route 446

Canfield, OH 44406

330.533.1989, ext 336

330.702.9733, fax

Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what
you are talking about.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain
confidential information that is legally privileged. The information is
solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). Any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or other use of this information is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return
e-mail and delete this message.