Can you write a record (anything) on the COLD.WRK file with the editor?
I'd try another id, then that one itself?
If not, have you checked not only for space but inodes being available
on that filesystem?
"df -i" on most 'nixes though AIX isn't in my usual repertoire...

Also, does that record (file) actually exist already?  If so, check the
perms on the file itself. Those will override the directories if they're
tighter.

Robert

Robert F. Porter, MCSE, CCNA, ZCE
Lead Sr. Programmer / Analyst
Laboratory Information Services
Ochsner Health System

solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute
non-public information. Any use of this information by anyone other than
the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and delete
this information from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or
reproduction of this transmission by unintended recipients is not
authorized and may be unlawful.

>>> Jeff Colvin <jeff.col...@hotmail.com> 1/18/2011 10:00 AM >>>
I’m getting the following error message:

CRITICAL ERROR! Notify the system administrator.

Abnormal termination of UniVerse.

Fault type is 11.  Layer type is BASIC run machine.

Fault occurred in BASIC program IM.BUILD.NEW.COLD.WRK at address 228.

I ran the IM.BUILD.NEW.COLD.WRK program in the DEBUG mode and found out
that the error pops up when it executes the following line of code:

                WRITE COLD.TEXT ON COLD.WRK, COLD.WRK.ID THEN

I found out the COLD.WRK is a TYPE 19 file.  The COLD.WRK.ID is set to
cold13-1.txt.  I can use the PICK EDitor and view the txt file without a
problem.  The COLD.TEXT record is 53,486,974 bytes in size.  I’ve opened
up the permissions to the COLD.WRK file via chmod 777.  I’ve also had
additional space allocated.

I am working on a system with Universe version 10.0.14 and AIX version
5.2.0.0.

I appreciate your help,

Jeff Colvin