From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Boydell, Stuart
Sent: Friday, 21 January 2011 11:04 AM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: [U2] [UV][AIX] System Management and Performance Tools

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for systems
monitoring/management tools for aix5.3/uv10.2.4. I've seen occasional
discussions on the topic here over the years.
Ideally, what we would like to do is be able to track down those end of month
type processes which bog the system down with CPU & IO bottlenecks during peak
load periods.
I suppose this could be done with something like topas, truss and PORT.STATUS
but just wondering what is available.
There was a tool called "DPMonitor" that looked like it could be suitable -
does this exist in any form?
Also, does anyone know if the "Travels with Mark: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the
UniVerse<http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mail-archive.com%2Fu2-users%40listserver.u2ug.org%2Fmsg13400.html&rct=j&q=dm-dw-dm-0512baldridge-i&ei=jMs4TavnI4mYvAOC0uiJCg&usg=AFQjCNGTQCWE14j2-XEP6lQSFjTnMi98Zg&cad=rja>"
 series on performance tuning is available anywhere. It was on the IBM
developerworks site but, no more.

************** IMPORTANT MESSAGE *****************************
This e-mail message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information which may be
confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender by return email,
do not use or
disclose the contents, and delete the message and any attachments from your
system. Unless
specifically indicated, this email does not constitute formal advice or
commitment by the sender
or the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ABN 48 123 123 124) or its subsidiaries.
We can be contacted through our web site: commbank.com.au.
If you no longer wish to receive commercial electronic messages from us, please
e-mail by typing Unsubscribe in the subject line.