Jeff, did you do a CREATE.INDEX H08.PERSON.LOOKUP XPL.PERSON.ID first?

Susan Lynch
F.W. Davison & Company, Inc.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeffrey Butera" <jbut...@hampshire.edu>
To: "U2 Users List" <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: 01/28/2011 1:32 PM
Subject: [U2] Unidata can't build index

Can anyone shed light on this (other than the obivous) - I'm unclear about why this is occurring:

:BUILD.INDEX H08.PERSON.LOOKUP XPL.PERSON.ID
Can not lock index file
No indices are built

This is a new file so I originally thought perhaps OS permissions where incorrect, but after checking I verified the permissions on the index file are 770.

I don't have anything writing to this file so I'm not clear why it can't get a lock on the index file.

--
Jeff Butera, Ph.D.
Manager of ERP Systems

"...we must choose between what is right and what is easy..."
                                      Dumbledore