Tony;

If it helps - here are some of my experiences installing UD 7.2.7PE at home
and upgrading UniAdmin at work. I did uninstall UD beforehand (mostly I had
made a mess of the SB/XA personal edition and was cleaning everything up and
moving it around).

Downloads from the new Rocket site are very similar to the IBM site - you
have to fill out a web form to get to the download URL. Nothing besides
basic contact info. I did get an auto-generated e-mail:

"Thank you for your interest in Rocket Software.  Your information has been
received.  A representative from Rocket will be contacting you shortly."

But I haven't heard anything since (it's been about a month). Not that I'm
complaining :) I don't think you have to license the PE versions - they just
have an expiry date. It's all just pre-populated when you go through install
and if you check it later.

The clients download is still huge. I can't recall if the "personal"
download was split but when downloading through U2BC there are two clients
(the smaller being the new DataVue query download). Still not sure where the
new "Xadmin" client is and UniDebugger is still in the client even though
it's been deprecated and BDT is a separate download.

The install went easy and the default path is much shorter now.

I did split out the UniAdmin directory from the client download to send to a
client. Testing on my machine caused my earlier version of UniAdmin (in fact
all 3 of them) to completely fail. Uninstalling all of them and reinstalling
the latest got it working again. I haven't tried it with anything prior to
7.1 but it does have back to 5.1 in the version dropdown list. I was running
that many versions because the later versions didn't seem to want to connect
to earlier versions of UniData - hopefully this one will....

Good luck!
Hth
Colin Alfke
Calgary, Canada