We use Subversion, CVS, Git and Perforce.  During testing of our Eclipse
based editor called XLr8Editor, we test all of those version control
software packages that have an Eclipse plug-ins.  We don't write any scripts
or put wrappers around "ED" or "AE" calls, because built into our Eclipse
based editor is version control.

We actually like CVS and Subversion and the others are very good as well.
Of course, open source is preferred since the cost is truly zero.

[ad]
What we think you need to look at is what editor works with all of those.
In case you did not guess it is XLr8Editor.  Our is a true plug-in which
means you can use XLr8Editor for UniBasic, PDT for PHP, Eclipse built-in
editors for HTML, Java, and JavaScript.   Our tools including our XLr8Editor
are current and run on every version of Universe from 10.0 to current and
Unidata version 6.0 to current.  We run on the latest version of Eclipse
which is 3.6.2 which no other Eclipse based tool for the U2 market can
boast.

We have been producing an Eclipse based tools longer than anyone else in the
world for the U2 market.  We put our releases at least once a month to fix
bugs, add features, and update our usability.   You get all of this plus the
ability to copy data lighting fast from Universe/Unidata files so that you
are not spending time on non-productive tasks.  We guarantee that the $49.00
you spend on our XLr8Editor will increase your productivity by many factors.

Check it out at www.u2logic.com/tools.html

[/ad]

Regards,
Doug