Hello,

For a best *uv*backup with on-line system, use "uvbackup", it perform a file by
file, record by record dump ; not a blind binary copy.

Here is a little shell script which create one "uvdb file" for one account.
When done, you can copy the uvbfile "out of system".

My two pence.
Manu

more uvbackup-account
#!/bin/sh
# UV Backup of one account
# Syntax : uvbackup-account <accountName>
# UVDB is the path to the "root" of uvdatabase
# UVBACKUP is the path to the repository of uvb files
if [ $1 ]
then
   find $UVDB/$1 -print | uvbackup -f -v -s $UVBACKUP/$1.log -limit 1
-cachedetail - > $UVBACKUP/$1.uvb
   echo `date`
   echo $1.uvb is available on $UVBACKUP
else
   echo Syntaxe : uvbackup-account accountname
fi