Hi,

Do a Backup of universe on snapshot ; to perform a binary backup.

Yes, if you don't use Type30 / dynamic files because while a T30 file is open,
some header file's information stays in memory. You must close the T30 files
(all users) to be sure the header is flushed.

I prefer using uvbackup.
To avoid the 2gb limit, I prepare files-list to uvbackup and run multiple
uvbackup -cmdfil .
For uvfiles which are greather than 2gb himself, I use Distribution (DEFINE.DF)
then I manage only files smaller than 2gb (a easy solution to make resizing
administration regarding administation of 64bit nGb files).

My 2 pence.
manu