For George, I think a question about "what would be some
potential uses" characterizes our community, and is part of what
prompted me to open the discussion.  With hundreds of thousands
of apps out there for every mobile device, there are any number
of potential uses for mobile access, regardless of the platform
on the back-end.  With apologies for my directness and not the
content: Pick people need to stop thinking like Pick people and
start looking at what the rest of the world is doing in terms of
data access and updates.

To answer your question more directly however, many companies
these days look for things like reporting, BI, dashboards, GUI,
and web services to satisfy their needs to communicate current
data to trading partners, management, and other employees.  The
mobile device is just another UI where you can gather and provide
information on a timely basis.

For Dan, your point on connecting indirectly is my preferred
method, and was the suggestion I made when an issue was presented
with UO/CF.

As to U2 applications covering a segment that isn't covered by
mobile devices - I think U2/MV has widespread applications in
every market, and almost everyone has a cell phone these days.  I
don't think there's anything to separate the kind of people who
use U2 apps from the kind of people who use cell phones.  And one
of my points is precisely that, that these things are unrelated.
People who use mobile devices download apps of all kinds.
There's no reason why apps based on U2 should be categorically
any different.  As many people would be ready to state, we're
selling applications, not databases.

Thanks for your responses.