Also, If they are 64 bit files in Universe then they can grow quite large on
the disk.

You can have a file that probably takes up to 64 GB of disk space.
Depending on the record size, etc... who knows how many records that could
be.  I don't have the formula's in front of me to figure that out.

You can change whether a file is 32 or 64 bit in universe by using the
RESIZE command.
Its also a configurable paramater for newly created files in the uvconfig
file.  I think you can easily find it in UniAdmin somewhere.

So even if that file you are referring to is a 32bit one and it exceeds 2 GB
on the disk, you can resize it (without users on the system), and turn it
into a 64 GB file and let it keep growing.

Of course, back it up first as always...

So I think you will be ok, especially if the records don't have much data in
them as you say.

John Thompson