From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Chris Austin
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 8:15 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] RPC timeouts

We recently switched to a new server and I've been having some weird RPC
failures. Every night we run a nightly
cycle that processes our batches and transactions. During the monthly
cycles (which take a little longer), we have
a process at the very end that will connect to our java data pool and
then kick off a process but it has to read a UniVerse
file first (config table). This POST backup never finishes on the new
server so I started to investigate. The error we get in our log is
below:

doPostBatch()

LIVE: 81009 Error opening table LFCONFIG

The RPC failed  NOT opened ok @ Wed Jun 01 02:11:04 GMT-06:00 2011

DataPool.clear()

Disconnect PickVolume

***** run(): Error opening table LFCONFIG

The RPC failed

I noticed the following directory contains timeouts and I compared the 2
files (old server vs new) and saw the differences of the timeouts
was 864,000 (old server) and only 3,600 (new server).

$home\IBM\unishared\unirpc\unirpcservices

My question is what do most of you guys set this timeout to?

And is there any specific formula to it? I would assume the timeout is
in seconds. I didn't see anywhere in UniAdmin to adjust this, I assume
you guys are doing it through an editor?

Also, is this the timeout from the uniRPC->shell?

Thanks.