From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Tony Gravagno
[3xk547...@sneakemail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2011 12:33 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] [UV] Cross-flavor code

I'll ask a simple question and only expand if really necessary.

Compile a subroutine in a Pick flavor Universe account.
That subroutine has a Named Common statement.
Now F-point to that code file from an Information flavor account.
Compile another program that calls the first.  (This can be in a
file local to the Information account or through the pointer into
the Pick account.)
At runtime we see error "COMMON size mismatch".

CLEARCOMMON doesn't help
UPDATE.ACCOUNT INFORMATION on the subroutine account doesn't
help.

It seems the subroutine must be compiled with the same flavor as
any program which calls it.

Is that accurate?

If that's the case, I would suggest that the error is incorrect
to describe the problem.  I'd hope to see something more like
"Flavor mismatch between caller and called subroutine".  Anyone
here agree?

Thanks.