I setup a table of tables after I opened sequential files and I
   started running into very strange results until I realized that
   with sequential files, you can't really distribute FCB the same
   way, as the offset pointer is stored in that FCB. You have to
   save it back to the table when your done with it, and you can't
   distribute it more than 1 process at a time, at least for writing
   (but that's kind of a gimmie for sequentials on writing)

What I was doing was passing the FCB to a subroutine after reading
   it from the master table of opened files, and that subroutine
   would write to the seqential file.

What I found I had to do was when the subroutine completed, It had
   to pass back and I had to write the FCB back to the table of tables,
   so it had an updated offset pointer, otherwise, the next time
   I passed off that FCB, it would overwrite.

How can you use this to your advantage?

   If your writing a sequential file, you can save your FCB into
   a variable before you execute a block of code, if your block
   of code does some writing to the sequential file, but you get
   to the end of the code, and you hit something that makes it so
   this line (or anything after you saved the FCB) shouldn't have
   been written, all you have to do is restore your FCB from the
   variable you saved it to - and your file offset pointer will
   be reset to where it was before the block of code.