From: Ross Ferris
Sent: Thursday, 21 July 2011 10:33
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] Universe Server & Hibernation

Perhaps once you have the initial user input, then fire the backend off as a
phantom - if you need to check progress, write progress inf out to a file that
you could LIST from another session

Ross Ferris
Stamina Software
Visage > Better by Design!

Ross, thanks; the processes run in serial from a paragraph list - unfortunately
it needs some user data inputs to start up thus the need for a telnet session
on the server console to start it; we learnt years ago it's not good to run
this lot from a networked session!  No SAN / NAS - just a proper RAID system in
the server itself.  The console telnet session is my main concern though...  I
might have to see if we can start the processing off from a local UV shell;
that might be more feasible than a local telnet session.

Kind Regards

Arnold Bosch
IT Administrator
Taeuber & Corssen SWA (Pty) Ltd