Did anything change in your VOC LOGIN program/proc/paragraph that might be preventing the program from running?

Susan Lynch
F. W. Davison & Company, Inc.

----- Original Message ----- From: <charles_shaf...@ntn-bower.com>
To: "U2 Users List" <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: 08/05/2011 11:26 AM
Subject: [U2] Job won't run

I have run into something I have never seen before.   We exchange a lot of
data with an AS400 in Chicago.  For many years we have taken the approach
that the AS400 would submit a job to our UNIX box that would run a script.
Many of the scripts run a Unibasic program and send the resulting file
back to the AS400.  This happens several times a day and we have been
doing this for many years.

One job has started doing something odd.  It runs the script and transfers
the file, but never runs the Unibasic program, so it has been resending an
old version of the file.  This seems to have started happening 3 days ago.
I can log in manually using the same credentials as the remote job, and
run the script by typing it in at the command line.  It runs perfectly.
Unibasic program runs, new file is sent to the AS400.  There is joy.

I have checked permissions.  Nothing has changed at the AS400 end. Nothing
has changed here.  (That we know of).  I have rechecked the code of he
script and the Unibasic program.  Looks good.  I am stumped.  Here is the
script code.

#!/usr/bin/ksh
#Sends FILES_AS400/BOWER_FPO to AS400 as BOWER_FPO

LOG="/NTN/DATA/CORPORATE/FILES_LOG/BOWER_FPO.LOG"
rm $LOG
touch $LOG
cd /NTN/DATA/CORPORATE

echo `date` "Extracting Firm Planned Orders to BOWER_FPO" >$LOG
$UDTBIN/udt<<EOD>>$LOG
RUN GD-BPGM EXTRACT_FPO -N
bye
EOD

echo "Sending Firm Planned Orders to AS400 730" >> $LOG
/usr/local/rputj.scr CORP BOWER_FPO FILES_AS400/BOWER_FPO BOWER_FPO
echo `date` "Finished sending Firm Planned Orders" >>$LOG

This runs perfectly when run from CL, but not when submitted from the
AS400.  And ideas?

Charles Shaffer
Senior Analyst
NTN-Bower Corporation