Are you sure it's running ok? Did you remove the output file before you ran as
that user?
I say that, because if you ran it ok from the CL as you, then tried as the user
and it
   didn't update the file, you wouldn't know, would it have been the same since
you ran
   it from the CL?
Maybe a better test would be to copy a couple random lines of text into that
file
Then test it.
This way you will know if the file contents are changing?