From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of
charles_shaf...@ntn-bower.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 7:45 AM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] UV 11.1 64-bit on Cisco UCS with NetApp Filer?

>>I would say this was an os (Linux ?)  issue and not UV - taking 10-145
>>seconds to come up with a login prompt is not a uv issue - the network
or
>>the os is compromised in some way .

For what it's worth, I experienced the same slowness on logins after
moving a Linux server to a VM.  Turned out that the RAM needed to be
bumped up.  Greatly improved, but still not as quick as our Linux on
non-VM servers.

Charles Shaffer
Senior Analyst
NTN-Bower Corporation
IMPORTANT/CONFIDENTIAL: This message from INX Inc. is intended only for the use
of the addressees shown above.
It contains information that may be privileged, confidential and/or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified
that the copying, use or distribution of any information or materials
transmitted in or with this message is strictly prohibited.
If you received this message by mistake, please immediately email or call us
collect at (469) 549-3800 and delete/destroy the original message.