That should be HP 9000

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Lunt, Bruce
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2011 10:56 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] How to restart soap service on Unidata 7.1?

Hi All,

We rebooted the HP 900 server that our Unidata database is running on over
the weekend. When the users began working this morning it was revealed that
the soap service was not running. We believe the reason for soap failure is
that it was restarted by the operator with his regular privileges instead of
as root privileges.  This is a major roadblock since our address
verification uses soap to connect to an outside service. Nobody here is left
of the team that originally setup the soap services and we were wondering if
there is a way other than doing another reboot to restart soap correctly? Or
do we have to bite the bullet and kick all of the users off the system and
re-do the restart?

Thanks for the help!

Regards,
Bruce