From: Brian Leach <br...@brianleach.co.uk>
To: 'U2 Users List' <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Thu, Sep 1, 2011 6:09 am
Subject: Re: [U2] PC based UniBasic program editor for 64 bit OS

> Let alone one, whose sole purpose for us (U2) is to highlight code.
Well a good program editor - like mvDeveloper (grin) or Doug's U2 Editor -
oes a lot more than just highlight.
It's about ease of navigation and assisting developers to work faster and
ore efficiently. Doug and I have taken different routes to that - Doug's
ditor is arguably more powerful, mine is arguably lighter - but where they
oth score over general editors is in understanding the code they are
ealing with.
That manifests in all kinds of ways. In mvDeveloper, for example, you can
ight click to open a called subroutine or include file, can jump to a label
n a program, can quickly navigate a program by label (Ctl-U move to
revious label, Ctl-D down to the next label), can comment in and out (even
or PROC), can perform a quick conversion on an internal date and time, can
dit associated multivalues in a grid, pull up keyword help ..
In short, lots of things that are specific to the platform and to the people
ho use it.
Brian