Both AIX and HP-UX are System V derivatives so the command structure is as close to the same as any two Unix environments. Uvbackup/Uvrestore should take care of any "endian" problems for both data and programs. If I've been told that Universe licenses are transferable between operating systems. Unless your directory structures are identical on the 2 machines you will probably have to rebuild indexes. You'll have to recreate all your unix spool queues and if I remember correctly (it been a while since I've been around HP-UX) the spooler setup procedures are different than AIX. I've never done an operating system move with U2 that didn't have something bite me at least a little but this one should be much easier than say HP-UX to Windows.

Lunt, Bruce wrote:
Hi All
We are considering going from our HP 9000 systems to IBM AIX. What has to be
done to make that happen?   Do we need to recompile our source code? Are
there any licensing issues? Is the data transportable or do we need to
massage it? What about the dict items? Any other gotcha's?
Is this an easy or difficult? Thanks,
Bruce Lunt