From: Steve Romanow
Sent: 16-Nov-11 6:44
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] Mercurial/TortoiseHg source version control

One thing to be aware of with whichever vcs you choose, pat attention
to end-of-line characters.

There are some configuration settings in mercurial to say "these are
always unix files" and will not let an checkin from a windows machine
inadvertently send dos Ctl-M's.

Git for aix is available here.  http://www.perzl.org/aix/index.php?n=Main.Git
Mercurial for AIX can be found here.  http://www.lunch.org.uk/aix/rpms/

Note that Tortoise will only let you operate on a local repo.  You can
push and pull to the remote dvcs server, but any graphs or logs you
view will be for your local clone of the servers repo.