I am not certain about AIX, we run on hpux, but I believe unirpcd can be
restarted on AIX also.  We do it occasionally for just the symptoms you
describe a few times a year.

>From a system prompt >
>stopunirpcd
>startunirpcd

The rest of UniData keeps on running fine.  No disruption.

Dean Armbruster
System Analyst
757-989-2839
-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Kevin King
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2011 1:46 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: [U2] Unidata 7.1 Unresponsive UO Connection

I have a Unidata system (7.1.16) on AIX 5.3 where Uniobjects just
stopped
responding.  I've rebooted the client running UO with no resolution to
the
problem and am suspecting that perhaps the unirpcd daemon on the server
might need to be restarted.  Can this service be restarted on an AIX
system
without a full shutdown of Unidata?  If so, how?

--
-Kevin
http://www.PrecisOnline.com