Hi,

I'm also interested in any advice / best practices for UO for Java on
Domino.  It would certainly be nice to find a small user group to ask
questions and bounce around best practices.

I haven't tried using UniObjects for Java with Domino yet, but I have used
the original OLE/COM version of UniObjects in LotusScript agents on Domino
8.5.  We have been using that for some small-scale production jobs for the
past year, and it has worked really well.  The main problem I have is that
the OLE/COM version of UniObjects hasn't been updated in years, and it
doesn't seem to have a 64-bit version.  I have looked for alternatives,
like trying to register the UO for .Net client as an OLE/COM object, but
for some reason that only exposes a handful of classes and methods; the
vast majority of the functionality doesn't seem to be configured to work
when accessed as an OLE/COM object.

So unless Rocket releases a 64-bit version of the original UniObjects, my
fallback plan is to move to UniObjects for Java, but I've been putting it
off until I have some more time or find other people doing something
similar to help motivate me.  :-)

Cheers,
Jim Stoner
Lead Programmer/Analyst