This may not be the cleanest way, but, we use it here and it works.
I used ABORT, so some parent program or paragraph would not keep executing.

      IF FIELD(OCONV(DATE()+1,"D2/"),"/",2) + 0 = 1 THEN
         CRT 'This IS the last day of the month.'
         CRT 'ABORTING END OF DAY'
         ABORT
      END ELSE
         CRT 'This is NOT the last day of the month'
         CRT 'Running End of Day'
      END

Whatever you do... Do it in BASIC.  Don't go down the road of unix shell
scripting unless you love that stuff.

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Dave Davis <dda...@harriscomputer.com>wrote:

> Month = Oconv(current.date,'DM') ;* find month
> Year = Oconv(current.date,'DY') ;* find year
> Month = Month + 1 ;* find next month
> If (Month > 12) then
>   Month = 1
>   Year = Year + 1
> End
> FirstDayNextMonth = Iconv(Month:"/01/":Year,'D') ;* assumes MM/DD/YYYY
> format
> LastDayThisMonth = FirstDayNextMonth - 1 ;* self-explanatory.

John Thompson