From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of DavidJMurray (mvdbs.com)
[nab...@mvdbs.com]
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 9:14 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] Presentation on Python to UniVerse

ctypes with Python work were ever there is a intcall library file. On
MS-Windows, there is a Uvic32.dll and on Linux a corresponding .so file.

These are used by ctypes to enable Python to communicate with U2.

I have not done any speed tests, but simple record reads are as fast as the
program runs and spits out the data. But, since all the interface software
that Rocket provides uses the RPC - which is a network connection to the
database with some server software doing all the data gathering. So, the
transfer speed will never be as good as a direct access approach to the
database.

I have a library for Python using ctypes and intcall, and will make the next
version available after I complete the unit tests.

George Gallen-2 wrote:

> Will it work with linux? Or just windows?
>

> It worked, but it was too slow. It would average 2-3 seconds for a record
> read because of all the layers.

-----

Learn and Do
Excel and Share