I'm fighting the same stuff where I'm at.  Although, we aren't that big of
a chain, only a 300 user system or so.  Its an automotive aftermarket
supplier.

They will spend a million to get "Information at their fingertips", but,
they won't buy something like MITS or just wait on one of us to write the
code...  Boggles my mind...

I think we're all going to have to learn to be diplomats, salesmen,
motivational speakers, etc.  Just being a technical person (admin or
developer), isn't good enough any more.

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Bill Haskett <wphask...@advantos.net>wrote:

> Robert:
>
> Good luck.  It's a shame management and IT can't seem to understand that
> the ROI for such a change will never approach zero from the west, and the
> only reason for such a change is to spend someone elses money to make an
> individual, or group of individuals, look intelligent.  :-(
>
> Reminds me of many of us who can't figure out the economics of pricing;
> thus figure when the demand curve is shifted to the east, prices go down.
> Lord, protect others from our ignorance!  :-)
>
> Bill

John Thompson