Tony,

I can't agree more, as I've always said, EDI standards are the most
non-standard things I've ever seen.

Problem is I hadn't ever worked with drop shipments in EDI, and the trading
partner we are trying to
do this with has never done using EDI either, and I probably know more about
EDI than they do, and
I barely have scratched the surface of it, so as you said, we will need to
bring to the table the ideas
and come to an agreement.

Seems that my thought patten for how to address the drop shipment in the
transactions seems to be on
target with the responses have been, so that's a good sign.

But since I'm doing custom software that more depends on what the other side is
sending, and what the
other side needs, it's really difficult when the other side doesn't know what
they need! Yes, we could
just come up with a protocol that is good for us, but I really wanted to make
sure what we come up
with is workable for other partners without much tweeking.

George Gallen
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Accounting/Data Division
ggal...@wyanokegroup.com