From: Bob Rasmussen <r...@anzio.com>
To: U2 Users List <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Wed, Feb 15, 2012 10:38 am
Subject: Re: [U2] Universe's DOS command

An educated guess would be that the DOS command invokes the command
rocessor (command.com in long-ago Windows, cmd.exe now) and passes the
\c" (or is it "/c"?) to it.
If in Windows you open a CMD prompt, and type
  cmd /?
ou can see what options it accepts. My output includes:
  /C      Carries out the command specified by string and then terminates
Further down the help display, it gives more information.