yeah, they left that out. If you look at the docs for the SH. CSH, and VI
commands, they suggest that you look at the unix documentation on those
commands, but they don't mention it in the manual for DOS. Maybe they assumed
you would figure that out by looking at the VOC entry:

    DOS
001 V
002 cmd.exe
003 U
004 TICERGM
007 /Q

The U on line 3 of the VOC means that running the verb will execute line 2 as
an os command and pass the rest of the command line to the os command. If you
wanted to you could create your own verbs like this, for example if you have
cygwin installed you could run the cygwin shell instead of the cmd.exe shell.
This is more useful on unix than on windows, because the command needs to run
in the console and not try to open desktop windows. If, for example, you try to
run NOTEPAD.EXE like this, your terminal will hang because notepad is running
somewhere in a virtual desktop that you can't get to.

If you try to use the SH verb on windows, or the DOS verb on unix, you get a
message telling you the command doesn't work on your OS. The "E" on line 4 of
the voc controls this. Verbs with an E run on windows but not on unix. (There's
a chapter on this in the system description manual).