From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Boydell, Stuart
Sent: Tuesday, 21 February 2012 10:02 AM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] Editors and environments we like to use

I just read this article on tools and the concept of a "backplane" as an IDE.
Read the article and the linked articles inside it to see that this discussion
about X v Y is really pointless. :)

http://www.johndcook.com/blog/2012/02/17/whats-your-backplane/

David, I think most common IDEs/editors I can think of will do this type of
universal search and replace across selected sets of files or entire directory
trees. Most of them allow regex too which ED does not.

Cheers,
Stuart