We do this in uv, but it is most likely the same in unidata.

When receiving the XML you get a "chunk" (buffer) full at a time. You must save
(write) this buffer to a file or other array, and then go back and get more
until it is done. Basically, receive, write, repeat (loop). You might ask how
do
you know when it is done? Well, we test for content in the received buffer. For
example, we test (FINDSTR) for the string </cXML>, which typically ends an xml
file. When we see this we know the sender is done. Also, don't forget that the
sender will wait for an (XML) acknowledgement that you got it all, that you
must
send back