End of U2-Users Digest, Vol 35, Issue 4
***************************************
Message: 15
We have a phantom that runs for months at a time that transfers every record
from every file to another server via NFA.
Anyway as we open each file we check to see if it is in our array, if it isn't
we insert it into an array. (using a LOCATE into an DIMENSIONED array of 1000)
(as the max you can open is 944 in Unidata).
Additionally every night at 2am we clean out the array and run an internal
routine that CLOSE each of the files in the DIMENSIONED ARRAY, nulling out the
variable and also using the CLEARCOMMON -  in order to not keep chewing up
memory.
Additionally since we are writing between 2 or more servers we use the
FILEINFO(F.FILENAME,17) command to make sure the file is still open and
readable.
We have been using this method for over 20 years and it works very well.

Nick