From: David Jordan <da...@dacono.com.au>
To: U2 Users List <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Sun, Mar 11, 2012 4:52 am
Subject: Re: [U2] New U2 BDT

Will
I  was pointing out eclipse gives the ability to run a tool on windows and
linux.  The alternative is that Rocket built a tool that only runs on windows.
Whilst I am not particularly fond of eclipse I understand the reasoning for it.

Similar reason why Doug uses it as a base for his tools.  Eclipse comes from
IBM
and has a number of third party development tools that can interface with that
environment.  For U2 Developers, they have access to a free tool, the same for
web developer, restful services, etc.   Other environments may have attracted a
charge for the base tools the environment is built.

Whilst it is easy to knock a solution, the key is to provide a better
alternative and at this stage I have not seen a better alternative for Rocket
base its tools on.

David