Hi,

This is a contrived solution, but I have a program file BP1 and another program
file BP2. In program file BP1 I have a program PROG1. In program file BP2 I
have a program PROG2.

PROG1 is the following:

     PROG1
0001 PROGRAM PROG1
0002 CRT "IN PROGRAM PROG1"
0003 CRT "CALLING PROG2"
0004 CALL PROG2
0005 CRT "BACK IN PROG1"
0006 RETURN

PROG2 is the following:

     PROG2
0001 PROGRAM PROG2
0002 CRT "IN PROGRAM PROG2"
0003 RETURN

If I RUN BP1 PROG1 I get the following

>RUN BP1 PROG1
IN PROGRAM PROG1
CALLING PROG2
Program "PROG1": Line 4, Unable to open the operating system file "BP1.O/PROG2".
[ENOENT] No such file or directory
Program "PROG1": Line 4, Unable to load file "PROG2".
Program "PROG1": Line 4, Unable to load subroutine.

This is as expected, in that Universe assumes when there is not VOC entry that
PROG2 is in the same OBJECT file, BP1.O.

If I CATALOG BP2 PROG2 LOCAL COMLETE

>CATALOG BP2 PROG2 LOCAL COMPLETE
"PROG2" cataloged.
>CT VOC PROG2

     PROG2
0001 V
0002 /tmp/BP2.O/PROG2
0003 B
0004 BN
0005
0006
0007
0008
0009 /tmp/BP2.O

and then RUN BP1 PROG1 I get the following

>RUN BP1 PROG1
IN PROGRAM PROG1
CALLING PROG2
IN PROGRAM PROG2
BACK IN PROG1

If I CATALOG BP1 PROG1 LOCAL COMPLETE

>CATALOG BP1 PROG1 LOCAL COMPLETE
"PROG1" cataloged.
>CT VOC PROG1

     PROG1
0001 V
0002 /tmp/BP1.O/PROG1
0003 B
0004 BN
0005
0006
0007
0008
0009 /tmp/BP1.O

and then execute PROG1 I get the following

>PROG1
IN PROGRAM PROG1
CALLING PROG2
IN PROGRAM PROG2
BACK IN PROG1

The same results which is still good. However what I really want to do is add a
security routine to both VOC entries PROG1 and PROG2. To do this I copy the VOC
entries to PROG1 and PROG2 to the VOCLIB file and change the VOC entries to the
following

     PROG1
0001 R
0002 VOCLIB
0003 PROG1

     PROG2
0001 R
0002 VOCLIB
0003 PROG2

I will see if this works first, before adding attribute 4 for the security
routine.

>PROG1
IN PROGRAM PROG1
CALLING PROG2
Program "PROG1": Line 4, Unable to open the operating system file
"/tmp/BP1.O/PRO
G2".
[ENOENT] No such file or directory
Program "PROG1": Line 4, Unable to load file "PROG2".
Program "PROG1": Line 4, Unable to load subroutine.

As you can see this does not work. It appears that while Universe will use the
contents of attribute 2 LOCAL VOC entry (the path to the object code), Universe
will not use the contents of  attribute 2 of the REMOTE VOC entry.

I believe this is a bug...does you agree?

For further clarification this was in IDEAL flavour.  If I change it to PICK,
PIOPEN it still behaves the same.

Regards

Phil