From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Woodward, Bob
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 2:38 PM
To: SB Solutions; U2 Users List
Subject: [U2] SB Report page counter

Hi group,

I'm having a problem with page breaks and page number counter in a SB
Form report.  I have a report that is set up with Headings, Column
Headings, and a Detail line defined.  I have a dict item defined,
PAGE.OF with a derived field definition of:

 ('Page ':@RV.MV.PAGE:' of ':@RV.MV.PAGE.CNT)

On the report, I am getting this value as:

  Page 1 of 1

Unfortunately, it's not changing for a more than one page listing.  The
format of the report is that it's a single record with multiple details
from the AMV group of the record.  It's like an invoice record where the
structure is a single record with MV attributes for the detail lines.

If there are enough values, the printout starts with the headings on
page one, then the column headings, then a number of detail (MV) lines.
It then reprints the headings and column headings then continues with
the rest of the detail (MV) lines.

If I send the report to the HOLD file then edit the output, I see the
printer initialize escape sequences at the top, before the first
heading, but at the point where the headings are printed a second time,
I am not seeing a Form-Feed escape sequence.

Anyone have thoughts on where I might look for what controls the page
length and what triggers the update to the two @ variables?  Hope I've
explained this properly.

TIA,

BobW

Dave Davis
Team Lead, R&D

P: 614-875-4910 x108
F: 614-875-4088
E: dda...@harriscomputer.com
        [http://www.harriscomputer.com/images/signatures/HarrisSchools.gif]

[http://www.harriscomputer.com/images/signatures/DivisionofHarris.gif]<http://www.harriscomputer.com/>
        6110 Enterprise Parkway
Grove City, OH
43123
www.harris-schoolsolutions.com<http://www.harris-schoolsolutions.com>

This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it
is addressed. This communication may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged or confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you
are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain,
copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete all
copies of the message.