Wol,

Unless Rocket have fixed it in 11.x, the problem may be with the double
quotes / bunnies ears.
The "DOS" command is pretty badly broken, particularly if you need to
try to use a quoted string with embedded spaces (e.g. '... "C:\Program
Files\MyApp\AppName.exe" ...').
After I bitched about it, a new GCI function "UVRunCommand" was
introduced (in 10.0 IIRC).

You need code like this
---------------------------------
DECLARE GCI UVRunCommand
DOS.COMMAND.STRING = <the DOS Command you want to run>
MY.GCI.STATUS = UVRunCommand('c:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c
':DOS.COMMAND.STRING)
IF MY.GCI.STATUS NE 0 THEN
   <error process>
END

I'm sure "UVRunCommand" is documented somewhere (apart from the Release
Notes when it was introduced), I'm just not sure where. Nor do I
understand why they just didn't fix the "DOS" command.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mike