> CONTINUE and EXIT make life so much easier. Would anyone want to go back to
> the days of:

LABEL1.
    GOTO LABEL 3.
LABEL3.
    IF VAR1 > VAR2 THEN CHANGE LABEL3 TO PROCEED TO LABEL9.
LABEL9.
And yes, I would shoot anyone who used this construct and am amazed that it
must have seemed a good idea to someone at one time. For the kiddies, it's
COBOL. If anyone claims they can offer a worse statement we should definitely
NOT implement - step up and show your cards.

Bring back "ban the GOTO" and the supporters of the "COME FROM (label)"
statement war I say!

Regards (trying to lighten what seems to have become a weighty discussion).

JayJay