It's better for peace of mind to know that the computer thinks it's doing
something
Rather than wondering "Is it DOING something????"

-----Original Message-----
From: Dawn Wolthuis <dw...@tincat-group.com>
To: U2 Users List <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Tue, May 1, 2012 5:30 pm
Subject: Re: [U2] READU vs READ and CRT

Well, I get it even if it seems foolish at first blush -- it's all about
he user experience. --dawn
On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 7:24 PM, Charlie Noah <cwn...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi Laura and Dawn,

 This reminds me of a program I wrote about 20 years ago for a multilevel
 marketing company. Its job was to audit a seller's downline, which in many
 cases ran into thousands or tens of thousands of transactions. For some
 larger sellers it ran for several minutes. The users insisted on seeing
 what progress it was making, and settled on a whirly-gig. I explained that
 it would only slow the process down, but they didn't care. They were quite
 willing to sacrifice speed for a stupid little character twirling around.
 Go figure...

 Regards,
 Charlie Noah

awn M. Wolthuis