I suspect not with this in the OP:  "What I would like to do is network a scale
in our receiving department."

Most places don't put the UV/UD box in receiving.  At least I HOPE not. :)

Robert F. Porter, MCSE, CCNA, ZCE, OCP-Java
Lead Sr. Programmer / Analyst
Laboratory Information Services
Ochsner Health System

solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public
information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your
system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission
by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.

>>> Jeff Schasny <jscha...@gmail.com> 5/4/2012 9:41 AM >>>
That's why I asked. For all we know it could also be 10 feet away.