Hi,

Multiple dimensions in DIM implies that all elements in each dimension would
exist, around 25000 in your example. Using dynamic arrays, even as part of a
dimensioned array is much more flexible as unused elements may not need to
exist. And UV allows seven dimensional dynamic arrays - more than enough for
most users!!

Of course, indexing into a dimensioned array would be faster.

Your request is close to something we were asked for in QM, arrays of arrays.
Although technically easy we have not done it as the user requesting it
withdrew the request. The hardest part is how to fit it into the language
syntax.

Martin Phillips