> From: Dave Laansma
> Can anyone point me to a good document that will give me guidelines
> for 'proper' file sizing of dynamic files in particular?

There was an excellent article series on file sizing in Spectrum
Magazine. I found part 6 in the Jan/Feb-2005 issue by searching
http://intl-spectrum.com - it specifically discusses dynamic files.
Part 1 was published in the Mar/Apr-2004 issue.

UNIVERSE DYNAMICALLY HASHED FILES: TUNING PARAMETERS, PART 6
The concept that dynamic files are maintenance free is a misconception
held by many database administrators and prompts the question, "If
dynamic files don't need any maintenance, why are there so many tuning
parameters?" This article discusses the tuning parameters for
dynamically hashed UniVerse files. BY JEFF FITZGERALD AND PEGGY LONG

HTH