On 07/06/12 17:29, Al DeWitt wrote:
> Unidata 7.1.20 Pick Flavor
>

> I am going to end up with a situation where I will have a multivalue
> field that contains 5500 +/- values.  Each value will be 5-characters
> long.
>

> I'm concerned that this will issues with the following statement: X =
> RECORD<31>
>

> I've tried searching the manuals and can't find a good answer.

Nobody else seems to have picked this up but you say you have multiple
*values*, then you give a *field* reference as an example. Which is it?

If you've got several thousand fields, just DIM an array and MATREAD (or
MATPARSE) into it.

If however, you have several thousand values in field 31, howzabout

MATPARSE dimarray FROM RECORD<31>

then when you've finished

MATBUILD RECORD<31> FROM dimarray, @VM (or whatever the syntax is)

Just be careful with MATBUILD because I remember having trouble with it
and marker characters. However, iirc I was using @IM so I shouldn't be
surprised.

Cheers,
Wol