From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Wjhonson
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2012 11:08 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] File error

Personally, what I would do right now, is to create another file as your
"temporary holding place" if you will.
Then select, perhaps on a date range, everything earlier than... 2005 or
whatever, and read it, write it to the new location and delete it from
where it's at.
That will solve your problem *today* which it that NO NEW RECORDS can be
written.  Big problem isn't it?

Now how to solve your problem tomorrow?
You can make it 64BIT which might be a nice weekend overtime job for you
Or you can decide to create a distributed file, which again means you
need an exclusive file lock.

So hopefully they can live with not being able to access these old
records for a week.