On 04/07/12 19:59, Rick Nuckolls wrote:
> I believe PiOpen used a directory with two files in it ‘&$0’ and ‘&$1’
> corresponding to DATA.30 and OVER.30.  If the numbers went up from there, I
> think that they corresponded to alternate keys, ie ‘&$2’ and ‘&$3’
> represented DATA.30 and OVER.30 for the first alternate key.

And &$2, and &$3, and the rest, iirc ...

> I do not think that PiOpen supported statically hashed files.  (Pr1me
> Information did)

I'd be very surprised if it didn't. I might look up the manuals in my
garage and check ...

Or try to boot my EXL7330 and actually see what it does -)

> All of that is a few years ago

Agreed. But I dug into that at the time, and I'm pretty certain there
were a lot more than just two files in most dynamic file directories...
I might even have a CD somewhere with a tape-dump on it ...

> Unidata uses dat001 and over001 with the number increasing to allow for very
> large files (I think).
>
> -Rick

Cheers,
Wol